Sunday 15 July 2012

Melting crayons and a star!

We are just finishing our two weeks of winter holidays and have had a lot of fun with all sorts of crafty projects and a few day trips so I thought I would share one of our favorite projects from the holidays. Melted crayons are all over the Internet at the moment so I decided that we should have a go. Both boys did one but since I worked with Mr L we made it a lot bigger. I am also lucky enough to have a heat gun so we used that instead of a hair dryer.



We have brightened up the house with a few packets of crayons and a canvas or two.  Now hubby wants one for work and the dentist has asked for one as well.  At least they are fun and easy to make.

I also took some time out while my parents were staying to finish my star blocks and sew them together.  I am really happy with the results but need to make it a little bigger so will be adding a border on as well.  Maybe a thin red peeper first then a border.
Sorry about all the threads.  I realised I hadn't trimmed them off before I took the photo.
I have so many projects on the go at the moment I am looking forward to getting back to a bit more sewing.  I even have quilt tops finished that I need to sandwich and quilt. I dream of more space to spread out but I am pretty lucky to have a room to myself (well almost).

No comments:

Post a Comment