Monday 24 September 2012

Family Sunday

On Sunday, Mr. D and I decided to go for a short drive to the Castlemaine Botanical Gardens.  I had heard the playground there was fantastic since a recent redevelopment and I wanted to have a look and check it out for myself.  I must say, I was more than a little impressed.  My phone photo's don't do it justice and they only show a few things on offer.  However, we will definitely be heading back there soon once this Spring weather decides to stay around for a bit longer.

I love the wooden carriages on the train.

Tree trunk stepping stones, what a great idea.

A fantastic cubby with it's own garden.

Perfect for playing shops.
Swinging together.

A quiet lunch before some exploring around the gardens.

Searching for Fairy houses.

Quiet creek running along the back of the gardens.

A trip to the park wouldn't be complete without throwing some rocks into the water.

Everyone had a great day and we finished it off with some delicious afternoon tea at Skydancers Garden, Gift and Cafe.  We will be doing this again soon, I'm sure.

Happy Crafting!
Kat 

No comments:

Post a Comment